Unlike the dentures of decades past, modern dentures are more realistic and attractive than ever before. The dental office of Michael J Nelson, DDS, offers several tooth replacement options in St. Louis Park, including full and partial dentures.
With dentures in St. Louis Park, you can get back to enjoying your life as you did before tooth loss. Dr. Nelson is a genius tooth replacement dentist who can craft the smile of your dreams using strong and attractive dentures.
Types of Dentures
There are several different types of dentures, and your dentist will help you determine which is best for your needs. We offer full hard acrylic and flexible dentures.
Complete dentures replace all missing teeth in the upper or lower arches of the mouth. This option is ideal for those who have total tooth loss.
Partial dentures replace some missing teeth and are used when a patient has natural teeth remaining.
Implant-supported dentures are a combination of dental implants and dentures. Your dentist places four to six implants into the jawbone and the dentures clip on top of the implants.
Benefits of Dentures
Dentures create a stronger, more stable bite and rejuvenate your appearance and oral health. Dentures offer many benefits, including:
- Modern dentures fit the unique contours of your smile so that they're comfortable and long-lasting.
- Dentures are a cost-effective tooth replacement option.
- A lack of teeth can make chewing and biting food a challenge. Dentures allow you to eat and enjoy all your favorite foods comfortably.
- Missing teeth can affect pronunciation, but dentures eliminate this problem and restore your speech.
- Traditional dentures are removable and easy to clean.
- A complete set of teeth will boost your self-confidence when eating, speaking, and smiling.
- Dentures look like natural teeth, so no one will ever know you have a restored smile.
- Without teeth, your facial muscles will sag, making you look older. Dentures replace that support and give you a more energized look.
- Tooth loss affects oral bone health, and over time, these structures will disintegrate. However, dentures decrease the rate at which these structures deteriorate.
- If you still have some remaining teeth, partial dentures prevent excessive wear on your natural teeth because the dentures help to evenly distribute chewing forces and share the load with neighboring teeth.
Missing teeth also place unusual pressure on the temporomandibular joints (TMJ) that connect the jaw to the skull. Excessive wear and force on these joints and muscles can lead to TMJ disorders and tremendous discomfort. Dentures create a complete, balanced bite, reducing the risk of TMJ problems.
Gorgeous, Durable Dentures in St. Louis Park, MN
The dental office of Michael J Nelson, DDS, has several tooth replacement options that can bring life to your smile. You deserve a healthy, attractive, and confident grin, and we can help you attain it!
Don't hesitate to contact us today to schedule your denture consultation with Dr. Nelson and our team.
We can't wait to help you reclaim your smile!