Our state-of-the-art dental office uses modern dental technologies to enhance patients' experiences and deliver optimal outcomes. At the dental office of Michael J Nelson DDS, we offer various services, but we specialize in CEREC same-day crowns, Invisalign, full mouth reconstruction, endodontics, and extractions. The technology we use allows us to provide exceptional dentistry in each of our services and specialties.
CEREC Same-Day Crowns
At our dental office, we create CEREC same-day dental crowns using CAD/CAM technology. We design custom dental crowns using innovative software, and we fabricate the prostheses using our on-site milling machine.
Our secure digital records allow us to monitor and maintain our patients' valuable oral health and treatment information. Digital records are also accessible to patients and can be sent to insurance providers, specialists, and more, if needed.
Digital dental impressions don’t require messy or goopy impression materials. Digital impressions are convenient and allow for more precise restorations and treatment. And the best part? Patients don’t have to spend as much time in the dental chair, and appointments go by much more quickly.
At our dental office in St. Louis Park, we use digital dental x-rays to quickly and accurately diagnose and treat oral health concerns.
There are many benefits of digital dental x-rays:
- Lesser radiation – Digital dental x-rays emit up to 90% less radiation than traditional film x-rays.
- Easier dental appointments – No preparation time is necessary for digital dental x-rays.
- Higher quality images – These high-quality images show more detail of each patient’s mouth, and we can magnify them for more accurate diagnosis and treatment.
- Immediate viewing – Digital radiography allows real-time viewing of each patient’s oral cavity.
- Instant transfer of dental records – Digital records can be saved and instantly sent to other doctors’ offices or insurance companies, when needed.
- Environmentally friendly – Digital radiography doesn’t use any chemicals or film for developing x-rays.
Our dental team uses state-of-the-art electric handpieces to perform common procedures, from shaping teeth and completing root canals to removing tooth decay. Electric handpieces are also quiet and gentle, promoting enhanced patient comfort.
Rotary endodontics is a modern dental technology that ensures root canal therapy is gentle and painless. This technology improves the comfort and efficiency of root canal treatment by using an electrically-powered instrument with a flexible nickel-titanium head. Your dentist can insert this into the tooth’s passageway without damaging or stretching the canal or tooth’s interior.